Wednesday, October 3, 2012

BACK UP

Based in the Facebook comments after the status that I posted, a lot of people have been experiencing bullshit at work lately.

Is it because we are A.W.E.S.O.M.E TESLian teachers that everything we do, say, wear, think will be the topic of interest at work?

Or is it because the not so awesome others are having difficulty matching up to our A.W.E.S.O.M.E.N.E.S.S level that they have to succumb to bring us down with petty complaints and bitch remarks?

I know we live in a society and sometimes we have to be fake ass, ass-kisser, subservient, docile and yes to everything kind of person just to satisfy certain needs of people we don't like for the reason we don't fathom with no advantages whatsoever to us.

My first year of teaching, I had to suck it when my year end holidays was totally ruined by invigilating SPM. Not because my name was up but because I had to replace someone else.

My second year of teaching, I had to suck it too when my year end holidays was totally ruined by marking SPM papers. But at least this time, it's my choice and I must say, the moolah was the only reason I accepted the offer.

This year, I would most possibly mark both PMR and SPM papers. People no more pass their work or courses to me (as we have a new teacher and now she's the favourite person to dump all the work and courses and invigilating to) because I matured up a bit and learn to say NAY.

However, yesterday, during the meeting for the year end dinner, I commented something on someone else. During the year end dinner in 2010 (my first year of teaching), the table I was seated at only was joined by two cleaners at my school. They conquered the whole table and left nothing to be desired after their gastronomical need was satiated. So this year, I said to the Principal that why not put 'pekerja' at one table and teachers at other tables? I ain't gonna waste my RM45 just to eat salad since the lemon chicken is already digested. There was one 'kakitangan' in the meeting that quickly transfer the virus so much so that the whole office 'kaki' dan 'tangan' threatened not to go to this year end dinner.

How about I just back off and all of you enjoy yourself. Don't let the dinner be spoiled because of me.

Next year, Please Elect Someone Worthy And Favourable To Your Liking to be in the commitee.

Because I sure as hell do not have the time nor the effort to tolerate this.

If what I said was wrong, then I am sorry from the deepest corner of my heart.

But if what I said clearly did not make any reference to you, then you'll deal with it on your own terms.

Btw, just now, my mom bagi petua supaya org kesian tgk muka kita.
Well mom, I don't need pity from others. I just need maturity and respect. That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment