Thursday, September 30, 2010

In my days at school, there was no particular class that I could not wait to have. Everything seemed so slow and the days seemed to stretch so long that you thought it would never end. But alas, high school ended and the agonizing anticipation started (well, I did not anticipate too much when it came to university application). Why? Because nothing in life excites me anymore. I don’t see the point of waiting for something or someone that you don’t even know existed. So, I learn to take each day as it comes. There is no fun waking up in the morning. And there is no bliss going to bed at night.

Everything in between is just a blurry memory.

When I got to go to my own class now, nothing beats me than a laugh from my student or some of them asking me, “Teacher, can we have more exercise like this?” Imagine your student asking for more tasks from you. Usually, they could not wait for the bell to ring. At mere 11 am in the morning, they already have their bags on their back, waiting for the minutes to tick by so that it would be the time for them to go back home.

I am a pessimist in a lot of things. I don’t believe in a lot of things. And I cease hope in every little things that you people hype up about. But if there is one thing that I believe. And that is every student has the capability to learn and they have the right to be taught, that life is not just about getting strings of A’s on a piece of certificate but to be a humble human being with compassion and clear conscience. No matter who they turn out to be, no matter what they vocation in life will be, they would always hold a special place in my head. There are the little people that taught me and continue teaching me that there are big lessons in life to be learned. They make me get out of bed every morning and make me realize there is a purpose for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment