Monday, February 25, 2013

Fuck this SHIT

I've tolerated enough bullshit to know my limits when faced with shenanigans and tomfoolery by fucking kids. But these form three kids whom I brought into the library because it'll be impossible for them to listen to me in their classroom when the rain was pouring heavily outside. Did they thank me for that? Hell no. What did I get in return? They talked like parrots, non-stop despite being reprimanded God knows how many times. I have chest pain and my voice is hoarse for shouting at them to keep quiet. I don't know what kind of Damiens these kids are but trust me, they're worst that the Antichrist himself. I've tolerated fuckery from kids who are older than these 15 years old kids but their attitude is beyond saving. Amirul, Hakimi, Asyraf, Syahrul, Qaira, Adila-God forbid I'd name my kids (if I ever had any) with these delinquents.

That's the form three students. One of my form four students which I'm the class teacher of, a girl, was caught SMOKING at the Bilik Rawatan. A room specially allocated for sick students to rest and this girl bought cigarettes from the boys and smoked in the room. What kind of shit is this? Imagine my disappointment when I heard that one of the girls in my class was caught smoking, but imagine the bigger disappointment of her parents for having such a child. I know some parents are not the best role models and some teachers smoke too in school which is a prohibited area for smoking but still, if it were boys smoking, it's normal. But this is a girl. No matter how modern you are but when a girl does something that is normally done by boys, the school is shaken up a bit. And when the parents are asked to come to school to discuss this problem, they didn't show up and causing the discipline teacher great and mega headache to handle this problematic child.

To add to that, the monthly test is just around the corner and being the main subjects, English is always tested on the second or third day of the test. So, moi as an English teacher can squeeze in a lot of time in between the beginning and the ending of the test to mark the test papers before having to key in the marks TWICE, once for the school system and another for online system under Ministry of Education. Yes, teachers "love" to repeat meaningless and trivial things. However, this time around, English is at the end of the test week. Then, one week holiday ensues. Exactly 10 days after that, teachers have to key in the marks. Now, imagine this. I teach two classes for Form 3, 4 & 5, so overall there are test papers from 6 classes to be marked. Each class has around 30 students. 30X6 classes=180 test papers. For English, there are two papers. One is for essays and another contains MCQs and open-ended questions. Could you imagine marking 180X2=360 test papers to be marked, added and converted into percentage within ONE WEEK. This is een worse than marking SPM papers! At least for SPM papers we were given two weeks and each script worth 5 bucks. Why would you change the normal timetable that has been used for years? Without even asking teachers' opinion about it? Their predicament and their limitations as human beings disregarded? At least give us an extension of the mark submission. This is beyond human capability. I'm a singleton and I'm complaining about this. Imagine other teachers who have kids to look after and husbands to care for. Or other people who have to look after their ailing elderly like me who has to look after my grandma?

It's stupid and it's uncharacteristic of the world class human power that we are trying to produce. When the teachers themselves are not happy and their mind and heart are tortured due to a lack of empathy and sympathy, how can you expect them to teach honestly and selflessly when they don't even have time for themselves? Sure, some of you may say we're should be grateful to have a job and given an increment in salary, but trust me, try to walk in our shoes and then you can point the finger back at us. We're not asking to be treated like royalty, just a little appreciation and understanding that every human being deserves.

P/S: Mind my language. But sometimes only four-letter words are suffice to express this bottled up feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment